Job Title: Community Care Ministry Administrative Assistant
Team: Community Care Ministry
Reports to: Cindy Reynolds, Community Care Connections Director
Start Date: Immediately
The role of Community Care Ministry Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the Community Care Ministry. Must be discreet and not a gossiper; confidentiality is a must.
- Providing administrative support as directed to support meetings and events of the Community Care Ministry.
- Coordinates the total Community Care Events Calendar and keeps records of the administrative forms related to all events.
- Reconcile Community Care Ministry expense statement and receipt processing consistent with West Park Baptist Church policies.
- Maintains confidential files of the Community Care Ministry.
- Provide support required to produce, update and manage Community Care Ministry announcements, publications, and other communication.
- Manages and maintains documentation required for:
- Community Care associated ministry activities
- Evaluate and distribute email communication received from website and other avenues.
- Maintain papers and information for the Front Desk. Sort and discard older out of date information.
- Phone support – answer, transfer, take messages, and assist the caller.
- Fill in for Ministry Associates if required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Immediate Supervisor: Community Care Connections Director
- Supervises: None
- Community Care Lead Team
- Church Ministry Staff
- Administrative Staff
- WPBC Volunteer Staff
Preferred Skills and Experience
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent education background; high school diploma or GED acceptable based on experience.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of ministry support in a large church environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently across a broad range of responsibilities.
- Highly proficient in computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software.
- Strong verbal and writing skills required.
- Ability to learn quickly under direct supervision.
- Strong problem solving acumen.
- Strong team player.
- Provide effective and efficient administrative services required to support the Community Care Ministry.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Have a servant’s heart, compassionate and attentive to the needs of the Community Care Ministry.
- Willingness to attend trainings and seek out ways to constantly sharpen administrative skills.
- Execute assignments with minimum supervision.